Contact Lenses Near Me in Michigan
Contact Lenses Exams in The Metro Detroit Area
At Michigan Contact Lens, we specialize in providing comprehensive contact lens exams to ensure that our patients receive the best possible vision correction. Our team of highly trained optometrists has years of experience in fitting a wide range of contact lenses, from simple spherical lenses to complex custom scleral lenses. We are committed to providing our patients with exceptional care and ensuring that they have access to the most advanced technology and treatment options available.
Why Get a Contact Lens Exam?
A contact lens exam is a crucial part of maintaining good eye health, especially for those who wear contact lenses. While a traditional eye exam can detect common eye diseases and disorders, a contact lens exam evaluates the fit and function of your contact lenses. During a contact lens exam, our optometrists will examine your eyes, determine the appropriate contact lens prescription, and evaluate the fit of your current contact lenses. If necessary, we will recommend new lenses that are better suited to your unique needs.
Contact lens exams are recommended for individuals who:
– Currently wear contact lenses
– Have not had a contact lens exam in the past year
– Want to try contact lenses for the first time
– Have experienced discomfort or vision problems while wearing contact lenses
– Have undergone recent eye surgery or experienced changes in their vision
What to Expect During a Contact Lens Exam
At Michigan Contact Lens, we understand that every patient is unique and has different vision needs. That’s why we take a personalized approach to all our exams. During your contact lens exam, our optometrists will take the time to understand your concerns, evaluate your visual acuity, and measure the curvature and size of your eyes.
Here’s what you can expect during a contact lens exam:
1. Medical and Vision History: We will ask you about your medical and vision history, including any past surgeries, medications, and allergies.
2. Eye Exam: We will perform a comprehensive eye exam to evaluate your visual acuity, eye health, and prescription needs.
3. Contact Lens Prescription: If we determine that contact lenses are a good option for you, we will measure the curvature of your eyes and determine the appropriate lens prescription.
4. Contact Lens Fitting: We will fit you with a trial lens to determine the best fit and comfort level for your eyes. This may involve trying on several different lenses to find the right match.
5. Follow-Up Appointments: After you receive your contact lenses, we will schedule follow-up appointments to ensure that your lenses are fitting properly and that your vision is clear and comfortable.
Types of Contact Lenses We Fit
At Michigan Contact Lens, we fit a wide range of contact lenses, including:
1. Soft Contact Lenses: Soft contact lenses are made from flexible plastic materials and are comfortable to wear. They are available in a variety of types, including daily wear, extended wear, and disposable.
2. Rigid Gas Permeable Lenses: Rigid gas permeable lenses are made from durable plastic materials and allow more oxygen to reach the eye. They are ideal for people with astigmatism or other vision problems that cannot be corrected with soft lenses.
3. Hybrid Lenses: Hybrid lenses are a combination of soft and rigid lenses and provide the comfort of soft lenses with the clear vision of rigid lenses.
4. Scleral Lenses: Scleral lenses are custom-made to fit the unique shape of your eye and are ideal for people with irregular corneas or other vision problems.
Michigan Contact Lens Specialists
If you’re in need of a specialty contact lens or have been having a hard time getting fitted with soft contact lenses, call MCL today!